Jul 12, 2012

Mantras & Motivation

How do you keep yourself going when you're feeling down?  


We are what we believe, and what we believe is what we repeatedly do and say to ourselves.   Are you aware of your own thoughts?  They are energy and intention.   What are the messages that you send to yourself on a daily basis?    If someone listed to your mind, what would they hear you saying to yourself?  Are you supportive, kind, encouraging, forgiving?   Punishing, relentless, mean?   How do we change the scripts in our minds, especially after histories of abuse or mistreatment?    Consciousness, and purpose.  We can  choose messages we want to hear, and then embed them.  


man·tra
/ˈmantrə/

Noun:
  1. A word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation.
  2. A statement that is frequently repeated; a characteristic formula or refrain.



Mantras can root us - ground us in who we CHOOSE to be - focus us on what where we want to go, and the reasons behind our journey.   Mantras are about manifesting our visions.     


Do you have your own mantra for healthy living?


This question was recently posed at Spark people, and there were allot of great responses.   Maybe they'll inspire you they way they inspired me.  
  • "I am strong, I am powerful, and I DESERVE THIS!" 
  • Keep moving
  • "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Hard, is what makes it great." 
  • Saying no to one thing means saying yes to another thing 
  • "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop."
  • I like the "is it worth it" one. It reminds me of what I say when I don't want do so something...apparently it isnt that important to me after all. It helps me really evaluate what I say is important versus what appears to really be important. 
  • Start moving, STAY moving
  • Failure is success if you learn from it 
  • Stay the Course! Be Consistent! 
  • Don't wish for it, work for it!
  • "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"  Oprah 
  • If you don't start somewhere, you'll be nowhere!"
  • I am calm. I am strong. I am enough.
  • "I will care for my emotional, physical, and spiritual needs without mindless or impulsive eating."
  • Exercise: "I can do anything for 10 minutes." 
  • I'm worth the effort!
  • Start Moving, stay moving
  • Living healthy fulfills the inner me!
  • "One should eat to live, not live to eat." 
  •  Two steps forward, and one step back is still forward motion as long as you DON'T GIVE UP!'
  • "You are strong, you can do this"
  • Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, time to make it count
  • BELIEVE 
  • Eat to nourish. Feed to fuel.
  • "The Journey of A Thousand Miles begins with A Single Step." Sun Tzu   
  • "Progress NOT perfection"
In Tibet, Buddhists carve mantras into rocks as a form of meditation.



What's YOUR mantra???






1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness! I'm really trying to find scriptures to memorize so I can build my repertoire of "power verses" as I like to call them because I was slacking and am ready to start anew! For me, God is the only place I find true strength :)

    ReplyDelete